NEXT LEVEL MOUNTAIN BIKING WITH OXYGEN MAXIMIZATION
** a My World Registry Exclusive Experience **
Join us, for a life-changing Breathing Training, Bike & Grub Adventure in Bend, OR
* June 27 - Jul 1, 2019
* September 26-30, 2019 (will become available for booking soon)
Available spots: 8 (*min 4 spots per date for the experience to take place)
PRICING OPTIONS (select from menu on right column):
* $1675 - full package description
* $915 - no Hotel option
* $745 - no Hotel and no Bike rental option
THE EXPERIENCE IN A NUTSHELL
During this 3-day bike adventure, you’ll experience the best of Bend, OR, learn new techniques for better athletic performance, bike through beautiful mountain terrain, and be inspired by what it’s like to spend your day car-free. You’ll get to continue to spend your days only biking and walking! You will also treat yourself to the most delicious local meals and the best brews, as well as a daily well-deserved dip in a soaking pool with an open roof.
EXPERT FOCUS: OXYGEN MAXIMIZATION
“Oxygen is power.” Tune your brain, stay young, recover from fatigue and optimize your immune system. All while playing outside, like the (grown-up) kid you were always meant to stay free as. One of the most valuable performance techniques that you’ll learn during this experience are science-backed breathing techniques that can maximize your efficiency, which can only mean you will be able to have fun for longer and as often as you wish. These easy-to-learn and practice breathing techniques not only help in athletic performance, but also in many aspects of life. When you learn to increase the of oxygen in your blood to optimal levels and make it a habit, you can be more alert, feel well while being efficient, combat anxiety, boost immunity, help to tune your brain and prevent fatigue. Additionally, a wide variety of illnesses, including heart disease, cancer, circulatory disorders, and mental illness, are sometimes related to oxygen deficiencies. Although not a cure, oxygenation therapies in general are geared to generating more oxygen in the body and can, therefore, contribute to the recovery from disease, as well as help to achieve optimum overall health and longevity.
Hector uses oxygen therapy to bring in more playtime into his daily life, naturally. He has experienced firsthand the power of breathing techniques to improve performance on his biking adventures. You’ll learn how his teachings help maximize the oxygen in your body and how to get it to your muscles more efficiently.
MORE ABOUT BEND, OR
Bend, OR is a beautiful, quaint town where you have the ability to ride your bike everywhere. There is clean air, people are nice and it’s so bike-friendly. Nature is so easily enjoyable and accessible, a mountain town culture Hector really loves. There’s also amazing craft beer everywhere and the town is great to do a brewery tour as a pedestrian or biker.
Mountain Biking in Bend: It’s so easy to get on the road and be on the trails. You go from home to trails in the woods in no time. There’s an endless number of singletrack, and the logistics and ability to be ready to go in the bike with no car involved are great. The trails are so smooth you can ride every single day and not ever feel any punishment on your body the day after. Alternatively, you could take a shuttle van and get dropped off and ride back into town, 20-30 miles later, ready to relax in the town. The proximity to the mountain is very nice. There are several snow parks on the way to the mountain, where you can also do cross-country skiing or snowshoeing.
You’ll stay at St. Francis McMenamins, in Bend, OR, a whimsically-decorated converted 1936 Catholic Schoolhouse. This relaxing setting sets the stage for your weekend, with luxurious rooms and a soaking pool that’s highly sought after. McMenamins soaking pool is like a giant hut tub that feels like a Turkish bath, with a fountain in the middle and an open roof top so you can look up at the sky. Perfect treat for after a day of riding! There are showers available before soaking in the pool, and you can bring a drink to the pool area from the bar.
This will be a 3-day tour where you’ll adventure through bike trails & the city of Bend, OR. Arrive on Thursday and get settled, then spend Friday, Saturday & Sunday adventuring with the group. Depart on Monday.
Our planned itinerary of a full day on the experience - the restaurants & trails will vary each day:
- We’ll start at Crow’s Feet Common’s Lawn/Drake Park where we will start off with some breathing exercises.
- Head together to a nearby trailhead and bike down the trails. Regroup as you at each intersection, riding together as a group. The whole ride will be about 2 hours long.
- Stop for a beer near the original trailhead and head back to the hotel to regroup.
- Enjoy a soaking experience at the McMenamins hotel, a relaxing, whimsical bath.
- Go out to dinner. Walk to a nearby local favorite restaurant.
- Finish the day with a beer and cheer at a nearby brewery.
• Deluxe King Room and soaking pool entry – 3 nights
• Daily biking breaks lunchtime meals consisting of light, nutritious snack
• Standard mountain bike rental
• Second day’s full breakfast at local’s hidden gem restaurant
• Daily expert training on breathing techniques for optimal athletic performance and daily life
• Daily trail biking sessions of 3-3.5 hrs total
• Exclusive MWR Experience guide for city and bike trails
• Farewell dinner + drinks at a top-rated Thai food restaurant
• Travel to and from Bend
• Transfers from/to airport
• Meals and drinks not included on the What’s Included section
IMPORTANT NOTE: This tour is not for beginners and it’s not a teaching experience - it’s designed to be an adventure for those who already have biking experience. No need to be an expert, but you should be comfortable on a mountain bike and have experience with different types of trails and terrains.
NEXT LEVEL MOUNTAIN BIKING WITH OXYGEN MAXIMIZATION